[libcaca] Re: Problem with myman and libcaca : bitmap2

On Fri, Feb 01, 2008, Ben Wiley Sittler wrote:

> The biggest differences since the 0.7pre1 version is that it is much
> quicker to build and the resulting executable is much smaller (by
> almost a factor of 10!) If anyone can try it, I would love to hear of
> your experiences.

   I tried it and it's pretty enjoyable. I love the scrolling: at first
I didn't understand that the bitmap mode was actually using libcaca,
it's impressive! I wish to report two graphical issues I encountered:

 - the bitmap mode seems to have refresh bugs (Linux amd64 here) as can
   be seen on http://zoy.org/~sam/myman-refresh-bug.png

 - when playing in the Linux console (or any output media that does not
   have Unicode or latin1, I guess) the tiny dots are replaced with the
   "o" character, making them indistinguishable from the power pellets
   (except that the latter are flashing). This may be a libcaca issue,
   though, in which case you know what to do, too :)

Cheers,
--
Sam.