[libcaca] Re: WTFPL webpage blocked by censorware; also, relicensing

Sam Hocevar <sam <at> hocevar.net> writes:

[snip]

>    Also, I believe that a "no warranty" clause should be separate from
> the licence itself because 1) a licence can be used for many works
> other than software

I read your reply; thank you for writing it.

True:  people could also use the WTFPL for books, images, sound files, and
videos.  But is a warranty disclaimer really that bad, even then?

> [and] 2) there could be dispositions, typically in
> a state-industry partnership contract, where some warranties cannot
> in fact be limited nor excluded, and I would certainly not want to be
> accused of trying to hinder the acceptance of the WTFPL in the context
> of state-industry partnerships.

Sounds possible, I guess.

If you really insist on 2), you may want to place a warranty disclaimer on the
webpage of each piece of software you offer for download.  Note that the simple
phrase "no warranty" may not be enough.[*]

^  [*].  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_License#Criticism

All the best,
--unforgettableid