[libcaca] Re: Problem with myman and libcaca : bitmap2

hi,

i apologize for the long compilation time. it's on my to-do list to
fix that, either by making the code more flexible at run-time, by
disabling most of the mazes by default, or by sharing more of the
static data tables between different permutations. right now myman.c
gets compiled into one object file for each permutation of maze
variation (there are 71)  and display scheme (there are 7), and then
they all get linked together into a monolithic executable with all the
data files embedded.

if you ever want a quicker build, do

./configure --enable-variants=myman

which will disable all mazes other than the default one and then

make CC='gcc -O2'

which will disable the large and slow debugging step and will lead to
a smaller executable.

anyhow, i have found another font that seems to work. maybe you can
try this one?

env \
CACA_DRIVER=x11 \
CACA_GEOMETRY=224x128 \
CACA_FONT='*-*-*-*-*-*-*-2-12-75-75-c-*-*-*' \
./myman -z bitmap2 -r

for this to work i think you will need a recent libcaca from svn (the
current revision, 1135, seems to work fine.) you will also need
suitable fonts.

if this does not work, could you send me the output of xlsfonts?

anyhow, this is probably off-topic now for the caca mailing list,
until we find a bug or solution involving libcaca at least :) so feel
free to follow up to me individually.

thanks,
-ben