[libcaca] Re: patch for cocoa driver and two improved unicode -> ascii conversions

On Tue, Dec 04, 2007, Ben Wiley Sittler wrote:
> a few minor libcaca internals changed recently, breaking the cocoa
> driver. also, there are two improved unicode->ascii conversions:
>
> http://zoehep.xent.com/~bsittler/libcaca-trunk-1424.diff

   Thanks, both patches applied. Your name now appears 12 times in the
SVN logs, would you maybe want an account? They're free, and you can do
whatever you want (except complain when your changes are refactored
beyond all recognition for arbitrary reasons).

> p.s. the paper on quantization is awesome. i look forward to built-in
> font support (in the style of toilet) and font optimizations, since i
> guess they may be coming soon!

   Yeah, you're guessing correctly. Ideally, the image-to-text algorithm
should be a combination of halftoning, block error diffusion, photographic
mosaics, all this in real time. It has never been done at this scale and
I still don't really know what the final thing will be like. I'm mostly
writing the document to understand what I'm doing.

--
Sam.