[libcaca] Re: Toilet needs figlet but ./configure doesn't check

On Sun, Sep 30, 2007, Théophile Helleboid wrote:
> Hello,
> Toilet (svn rev #105) compiles fine on my Gentoo system, but doesn't work :
>
> chtitux@localhost ~/src/toilet-svn $ ./src/toilet -f standard -F gay "Helle"
> font `/usr/local/share/figlet/standard.flf' not found

   TOIlet comes with its own set of fonts. You are trying to use a
FIGlet font here.

> But the ./configure of toilet allow compile it without figlet.

   Which is quite a correct thing to do. FIGlet isn't really needed.

> Moreover, after installing figlet (in /usr , not /usr/local ) , toilet
> doesn't work :
> chtitux@localhost ~/src/toilet-svn $ ./src/toilet -f standard -F gay "Helle"
> font `/usr/local/share/figlet/standard.flf' not found
>
> (the figlet files are in /usr/share)

   If you install FIGlet in /usr then you really should install TOIlet
in /usr as well. If you insist on mixing, you should use the "-d
/usr/share/figlet" option to tell where the fonts are.

Cheers,
--
Sam.